Discipline/Department Articulation Councils
Each Discipline/Department Articulation Council???a group of Minnesota State Colleges & Universities faculty members from a single discipline or program area who are appointed through Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) and Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) procedures???meet as needed to help build the essential base of knowledge, understanding, trust, and mutual respect that supports equitable treatment of transfer students. These councils provide part of the structure for continuing faculty communication across system and institutional boundaries. The council oversight ensures appropriate, high-quality education for students who transfer within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
- to improve articulation of disciplines and selected program areas;
- to provide assurance of comparable, appropriate preparation of students across systems;
- to recommend for systems, and institutions, consideration and adoption strategies to achieve 1 and 2.
Each council discusses course goals and content, pedagogy, student requirements, and issues of concern in each field. The council goals are:
The charge to each council is to identify transfer issues in their disciplines and to specify corresponding strategies or solutions to these issues.
Email List Information
- Click on the appropriate department/discipline below.
- Enter your email address and name (optional) in the spaces provided.
- Click on the Subscribe button.
An email list for each council has been created so meeting attendees and others may articulate their issues and resolutions. The email lists require that you log-in with your email address; a password is not needed. The email lists are open to anyone that wishes to submit comments or view the messages. To join the lists:
Your participation in the email list discussion is encouraged.
Council Reports by Date
You can access summary reports and information by discipline or department.
- Accounting Report Summary - April 19, 2002
- Accounting FY 03 Work Plan
- Accounting Report Summary - December 31, 2002
- Accounting Final Report - May 2003
- Accounting Agenda - September 10, 2004
- Accounting Minutes - September 10, 2004
- Accounting Agenda - December 7, 2004 (PDF) (Word)
- Accounting Minutes - December 7, 2004 (PDF) ( Word)
- Accounting Agenda - January 25, 2005
- Accounting Minutes - January 25, 2005
- Course Guideline for Equivalent Accounting Courses to Metropolitan SU upper division Strategic Management Acct. - Acct 320 - Revised 2/2/05
- Accounting April 22, 2005 Course Review
- Accounting April 22, 2005 Course Review Report
- Accounting April 22, 2005 Course Equivalency Table - Revised November 15, 2005 (Word)
- Accounting Transfer Project - Progress Report - June 1, 2005 (Word)
- Accounting Transfer Project - Linda Baer Memorandum - September 16, 2005 (PDF)
- Accounting Project Plan 2005-2006 (Word)
- Accounting Transfer Project - Course Equivalencies Proposals - Memorandum to CAO - September 22, 2005 (Word)
- Accounting November 15, 2005 Course Review
- Accounting November 15, 2005 Course Review Report (Word)
- Accounting April 21, 2006 Course Review Report (Word)
- Course Guidelines for Accounting Course Equivalents to Principles of Accounting I or Financial Accounting (PDF)
- Course Guidelines for Accounting Course Equivalents to Principles of Accounting II or Managerial Accounting (PDF)
Computer and Information Systems
- Computer and Information Systems Report Summary - April 11, 2003
- Computer Technology Educators Conference - Meeting Notes - October 24, 2003
- Computer and Information Systems Meeting Agenda - February 6, 2004
- Computer and Information Systems Meeting Notes - February 6, 2004
- Computer and Information Systems Workplan - February 6, 2004
- Computer and Information Systems Meeting Notes - February 27, 2004
- Computer and Information Systems Steering Committee Proposal - March 15, 2004
- Computer and Information Systems Initiatives - April 27, 2004
- Task Force Overview - November 7, 2002
- Task Force on College and University Collaboration in Teacher Preparation - December 6, 2002
- Task Force on College and University Collaboration in Teacher Preparation Retreat- January 9-10, 2003
- Task Force Meeting Notes - April 8, 2003
- Task Force Meeting Notes - May 8, 2003
- Subcommittee of Two-Year College Task Force Meeting Notes - June 5, 2003
- Subcommittee of State Universities Task Force Meeting Notes - June 9, 2003
- State University Teacher Education Program Commonality Work Groups Charge - June 10, 2003
- Agenda - State University Teacher Education Program Commonality Work Groups - November 13-14, 2003
- Notes - State University Teacher Education Program Commonality Work Groups - November 13-14, 2003